IMMEDIATE UPDATE: FAVIR and the Fruits and Vegetables Manual 07/2012-181 – EL Salvador
Dear Valued Customer,
1. Import Permit Required: An Import Permit is required. To obtain a permit, go to e-Permits
2. Subject to Inspection: This commodity is subject to inspection at the port of entry and all general requirements of 7 CFR 319.56-3
3. Commercial Consignments Only:
4. Other: ONLY green tomatoes are admissible.
5. Other: Currently, the program phytosanitary requirements designed for red and pink tomatoes listed in 7 CFR 319.56-28(f) are not operational.
PROHIBIT ENTRY to red and pink tomatoes. Upon USDA authorization, consignments of red and pink tomatoes must meet these additional import requirements:
• Must be accompanied by a phytosanitary certificate issued by the NPPO of the country stating that “These tomatoes were grown in an approved production site and the consignment has been inspected and found free of pests listed in the requirements.”
• Tomatoes must arrive at the U.S. port of entry in insect-proof cartons or cartons covered wtih an insect-proof tarpaulin.
• The shipping boxes must be labeled with the identity of the production site.
If you have any questions please contact us at 305-471-8989.
Thank you for your continued support,